The main themes for 1.4 are as follows:
- Router - Brian - a new router for Angular 1 and 2 - Progress
- I18N - Chirayu - provide a first class internationalization story for Angular - Design Doc
- Forms - Martin - a fresh look at parsing/formatting/validation to simplify usage and maintenance (while fixing numerous outstanding issues) - Design Doc
- HTTP - Pawel - improvements to the $http service, such as serialization, JSON parsing, testing mock DSL
- Parser - Lucas - performance improvements to $parse service
- Documentation - Caitlin - redesign the look of the docs app to use Material Design
In addition, we're planning to include the following notable or breaking changes:
- $injector - Brian - throw an error if you redefine a module, to help identify bugs faster (#1779)
- $compile - Igor - provide extra new module.component helper for defining component type directives more easily (#10007).
- $compile - Caitlin - throw an error if non-optional isolated scope mappings are missing their attributes (#9216).
- Project layout/Modularity - Pete - further partition angular.js into smaller optional modules/files to reduce the non-optional core file size (useful for mobile use cases).